Associate J.J. Tang specializes in corporate transactions focusing on emerging growth companies, mergers & acquisitions and entertainment. He has experience structuring companies, preparing them for institutional investment and conducting Regulation D exempted-securities offerings. He also advises companies regarding private fund formation, governance, stock option plans and shareholder’s agreements, among others. On the entertainment side, J.J. Tang represents various production companies in securing various intellectual property rights and talent. He leverages his experience in business to anticipate and identify his clients’ pain points and devise solutions that fit their business needs.
Many of J.J. Tang’s clients exist in the digital space ranging from blockchain and cryptocurrency, video games, websites and mobile applications.
J.J. received his Juris Doctor degree from Loyola Law School in 2016. He graduated with honors from the corporate concentration and participated on the transactional negotiation team.
- Juris Doctor, Loyola Marymount University, 2016
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, UC Riverside, 2011
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association (SCCLA)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association (APABA)
- Philippine American Bar Association
- Volunteer at the SCCLA monthly legal clinic and the APABA monthly legal clinic.
- California State Bar, 2017