Stephan Ferris is an associate with Scali Rasmussen’s Corporate and Real Estate practice group. In this capacity, he represents clients in transactional matters in all steps throughout the merger and acquisition process.
Prior to joining Scali Rasmussen, Mr. Ferris gained corporate transactional experience as in-house intellectual property counsel at Bolt Threads, Inc, where he also oversaw the company’s data privacy compliance. In 2017, Mr. Ferris worked at Sideman & Bancroft specializing in Intellectual Property anti-counterfeiting matters after spending his 2L summer clerking for Chief Justice Richard L. Sippel at the Federal Communications Commission.
Stephan is an advocate for the LGBTQ community, and he serves on the board of Directors for Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom (“BALIF”), the nation’s oldest and largest LGBT bar association, as the organization’s New Lawyer Committee Chair. He also was elected to serve on the board of directors for San Francisco’s Leather Cultural District, the first of its kind. In 2019, Stephan was inducted into Equality California’s Leadership Academy.
- Juris Doctor, University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2017
- Bachelor of Arts, Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts & Criminal Justice, San Francisco State University, 2012
- State Bar of California, 2018
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom
- Equality California’s Leadership Academy