Founder and Managing Partner
As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to devastate the well-being, physically, mentally and economically, of our country and as outsiders continue to attack the dealer franchise system in a misguided attempt to weaken dealers' economic standing and future, Scali Rasmussen rises up to fight for the rights of the industry, and lends a helping hand to give dealers the tools to navigate and come out of the end of this pandemic healthier than ever. Below is just a handful of the firm's efforts to continue to demonstrate its dominance as dealer advocates.
- Scali Rasmussen demonstrates its undeniable leadership as a franchise powerhouse:
- SR attorneys succeeded in a relocation protest before the California New Motor Vehicle Board for its client Vista Ford Oxnard – the second auto dealership in the history of the NMVB to successful win this type of protest.
- SR attorneys received a favorable tentative and argued at trial in Los Angeles Superior Court that General Motors’ lawsuit against the New Motor Vehicle Board should fail and the Board’s decision preventing Folsom Chevrolet’s termination is correct.
- SR attorneys further demonstrated they are thought leaders as franchise practitioners with their article, “Tesla, Franchising and the Bottom Line,” Wards Auto, July 24, 2020 – wherein Scali Rasmussen Partners Christian Scali, Bert Rasmussen and Monica Baumann examine Tesla’s direct-sales model.
- Scali Rasmussen partners continued to demonstrate their expertise in privacy law with their CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) WEBINAR – Scali Rasmussen Partners provide insight into how businesses can be compliant with the CCPA.
- Standing arm-in-arm with its clients and the industry during the most trying time in this great nation’s history, SR provided gratis a lot of up-to-date COVID‑19 related advice:
- COVID‑19 Reopening Webinar – wherein Scali Rasmussen Partners provided guidance to businesses on how they can successfully and safely reopen their businesses.
- Factory Dealer Relations: In the Heart of the COVID‑19 Pandemic - Chris Scali and Bert Rasmussen delve into how COVID is affecting relationships between dealerships and manufacturers.
- Managing the New Normal: Employment and Operation Issues in the Time of COVID‑19 - Jennifer Burns, Jeffrey Erdman and Monica Baumann discuss what is needed to enforce State and County regulations regarding physical distancing and COVID prevention in the workplace.
- As part of its mission of “giving back”, SR participated in an Adopt-a-Family EVENT – wherein Scali Rasmussen professionals provided two families in need with household supplies and games to comfortably shelter in place.
- The California New Car Dealers Association tapped SR’s compliance attorneys and litigators to draft a bulletin item detailing best practices for dealers based on lessons learned from recent litigation.
- SR is pleased to announce that its own Jennifer Burns was recognized ONE OF LOS ANGELES’ MOST INFLUENTIAL WOMEN ATTORNEYS by the Los Angeles Business Journal in its special supplement recognizing the city’s most influential women attorneys.